The Oregon Seal Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife  
 » ODFW Home    »Wildlife Division   » Gray Wolves   » Specific Wolves and Wolf Packs in Oregon   » Cornucopia Pack
About Us Fishing Hunting Viewing License/Regs Conservation Living With Wildlife Education
Regulating harvest, health, and enhancement of wildlife populations

Cornucopia Pack

Area of Known Wolf Activity

Chesnimnus Wolves AKWA

Current Cornucopia AKWA map (pdf)

Within Areas of Known Wolf Activity (AKWA) certain preventative measures are recommended to minimize wolf-livestock conflicts. Though not required, non-lethal measures are important to reduce depredation.  If depredation becomes chronic and lethal control become necessary, ODFW’s ability to lethally remove depredating wolves will be dependent on the extent that non-lethal measures have been used and documented.  Information about specific wolf-livestock conflicts can be found on the Wolf and Livestock Updates page.

Previous Cornucopia AKWA maps (for reference only – see above for current map)




April 21, 2021 – In 2020, the Cornucopia Pack produced at least two pups that survived to the end of the year, but was not counted as a breeding pair as the breeding male did not survive to the end of the year.  Radio-collar data showed a 166 mi² use area with 81% of location data points on public lands and 19% on private lands.


April 15, 2020 – The breeding male and female of the Cornucopia Pack bred for the first time in 2019.  The breeding female is a radio-collared disperser from the Pine Creek Pack, and the breeding male is a radio-collared disperser from the Walla Walla Pack.  The pair produced three pups that survived to the end of the year and was counted as a breeding pair.  Radio-collar data showed a 162mi² use area in the Pine Creek and Keating WMUs with 92% of location data points on public lands.  The remaining 8% were on private lands.

Wolf track Report wolf sightings
online or call your
nearest field office

About Us | Fishing | Hunting | Wildlife Viewing | License / Regs | Conservation | Living with Wildlife | ODFW Outdoors | Workday Login

ODFW Home | Driving Directions | Employee Directory | Social Media | | File Formats | Employee Webmail | ODFW License Agents

4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE   ::   Salem, OR 97302   ::    Main Phone (503) 947-6000 or (800) 720-ODFW [6339]

Do you have a question or comment for ODFW? Contact ODFW's Public Service Representative at:
Share your opinion or comments on a Fish and Wildlife Commission issue at

   © ODFW. All rights reserved. This page was last updated: 04/19/2021 11:45 AM