Northwest Zone | Southwest Zone | Willamette Zone | Central Zone | Southeast Zone | Northeast Zone | Snake Zone | Columbia Zone | Marine Zone |
Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations provide requirements for all zones. However, additional regulations may be adopted in this rule division from time to time and to the extent of any inconsistency, they supersede the printed Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.
Snake Zone Updates
Please note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.
Snake River fall Chinook season open Sept. 1
- Open Sept. 1 from the OR/WA border to the deadline below Hells Canyon Dam and will remain open until Oct. 30, or until a closure is announced.
- The reach from Cliff Mountain Rapid (at river mile 246.7) upstream to the deadline at Hells Canyon Dam will be open from Nov. 1-17.
- The daily bag limit will be six hatchery Chinook salmon. Anglers can also keep an unlimited number of hatchery jack Chinook. Chinook jacks are salmon between 15 and 24-inches long.
- Anglers cannot continue to fish for jacks once a limit of adults is retained. Wild Chinook salmon must be released immediately and unharmed.
- Only barbless hooks may be used on this stretch of the Snake River while angling for salmon steelhead and sturgeon, and anglers should refer to the 2016 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for other rules that may apply.