Northwest Zone | Southwest Zone | Willamette Zone | Central Zone | Southeast Zone | Northeast Zone | Snake Zone | Columbia Zone | Marine Zone |
Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations provide requirements for all zones. However, additional regulations may be adopted in this rule division from time to time and to the extent of any inconsistency, they supersede the printed Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.
Northwest Zone Updates
Please note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.
NORTHWEST ZONE ANGLING HOUR RESTRICTIONS:
Beginning Saturday, July 18, 2015 until further notice, all waterbodies defined as ‘streams’ in the 2015 Oregon Sports Fishing Regulations will be closed to angling for trout, salmon, steelhead, and sturgeon from 2 P.M. to one hour before sunrise, daily.
All NW Zone tidewater areas – tidewater is defined as ‘stream or estuary waters affected by daily ebb and flow of tides (Page 7, 2015 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations) – will remain open for angling for these species during normal hours under 2015 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations.
Angling for warmwater gamefish and other fish, as defined in the regulations, remains open under normal rules.
NW Zone Fall salmon regulations are available at: http://dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/coastal_salmon_seasons.asp
Five Rivers (Alsea Basin)
- Closed for Chinook salmon, Aug. 1 – Dec. 31 from the confluence with the Alsea River upstream to Buck Creek.
- Closed for to retention of non adipose fin-clipped Chinook Sept. 1 through Oct. 15 from the confluence with Youngs River upstream to the Youngs River Loop Bridge (Tidewater Bridge).
- See emergency NW Zone angling hour restrictions above.
The following temporary rule, filed April 1, 2015, supersedes the Siletz River and Bay entry at the bottom of page 27 in the 2015 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations pamphlet.
Effective April 1 through July 31, 2015, for the Siletz River and Bay, upstream to painted boulder located 900 fee downstream from Siletz Falls at river mile 64.4, including tidewater:
- Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead all year;
- Open for spring Chinook salmon April 1-July 31, upstream to deadline marker at Moonshine Park boat ramp, one non fin-clipped spring Chinook salmon per day and 2 per year;
- Open for fall Chinook salmon Aug. 1-Dec. 31 upstream to marker sign approximately 1200 feet upstream of Ojalla Bridge;
- Open for fall Chinook salmon Oct. 7-Dec. 31 upstream to Illahee boat ramp; and
- Use of bait is allowed.
For more information contact your local ODFW office:
- Tillamook (503) 842-2741
- Newport (541) 867-4741