Northwest Zone | Southwest Zone | Willamette Zone | Central Zone | Southeast Zone | Northeast Zone | Snake Zone | Columbia Zone | Marine Zone |
Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations provide requirements for all zones. However, additional regulations may be adopted in this rule division from time to time and to the extent of any inconsistency, they supersede the printed Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.
For the purpose of these sport fishing regulations, bass are defined as largemouth bass and smallmouth bass and do not include striped bass or hybrid bass.
Rods or lines must be closely attended.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 496.138, 496.146, 506.119
Stats. Implemented: ORS 496.162, 506.129
Hist.: Adopted 3-18-16, f. & ef. 3-28-16
Northwest Zone Updates
Please note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.
Alsea River and Bay
- Open for retention of hatchery steelhead January 1 to April 30 and November 1 to December 31, 2016.
Gnat Creek from Aldrich Point Road Bridge to Falls
- Open for hatchery steelhead from January 1 to August 31 and October 1 to December 31, 2016.
- Open for retention of hatchery steelhead upstream of the Highway 26 bridge at Elsie from January 1 to March 31, May 22 to August 31, and November 1 to December 31, 2016.
- Closed to angling on all tributaries and river sections not listed.
North Fork Nehalem River
- Open for retention of one (1) wild Chinook per day from May 22 to September 15, 2016 from the mouth upstream to Highway 53 bridge. The North Coast Wild Chinook Aggregate limit applies.
Wilson River from Highway 101 Bridge upstream to South Fork
- Open for retention of hatchery spring Chinook salmon from April 1 to July 31, 2016.
Yaquina River and Bay
- Open for retention of hatchery steelhead from January 1 to March 31 and December 1 to December 31, 2016, from the visible ends of the jetty tips upstream to first bridge on Eddyville-Nashville Road. It is also open for retention of Chinook salmon from April 1 to December 31, 2016 from the visible ends of the jetty tips upstream to Simpson Creek.
For more information contact your local ODFW office:
- Tillamook (503) 842-2741
- Newport (541) 867-4741