Northwest Zone | Southwest Zone | Willamette Zone | Central Zone | Southeast Zone | Northeast Zone | Snake Zone | Columbia Zone | Marine Zone |
Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations provide requirements for all zones. However, additional regulations may be adopted in this rule division from time to time and to the extent of any inconsistency, they supersede the printed Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.
Central Zone Updates
Please note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.
CENTRAL ZONE ANGLING HOUR RESTRICTIONS:
Beginning Saturday, July 18, 2015 until further notice, all waterbodies defined as ‘streams’ in the 2015 Oregon Sports Fishing Regulations will be closed to angling for trout, salmon, steelhead, and sturgeon from 2 P.M. to one hour before sunrise, daily.
The following areas will remain open for angling for these species during normal hours under 2015 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations:
- Hood River and tributaries,
- White River and tributaries,
- Metolius River,
- Fall River,
- Crooked River upstream to Bowman Dam,
- Tumalo Creek, and
- Descutes River upstream of Macks Canyon.
Angling for warmwater gamefish and other fish, as defined in the regulations, remains open under normal rules.
The regulations for Wickiup as they appear in the 2015 Sport Fishing Regulations booklet were formatted incorrectly and this is leading to some confusion. Here, in a clearer format, are the 2015 regulations for the reservoir:
- Open April 25-Oct. 31.
- 25 kokanee (no size limit) in addition to other trout species limit.
- Closed from 1 hour after sunset until 1 hour before sunrise.
- Deschutes River Arm, upstream of ODFW marker located new West South Twin boat ramp:
- Restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
- 2 trout per day from Aug. 1-Aug. 31, kokanee included in trout limit.
- Closed Sept. 1-Oct. 31.
For more information contact your local ODFW office:
- Bend (541) 388-6363
- The Dalles (541) 296-4628
- Prineville (541) 447-5111