Northwest Zone | Southwest Zone | Willamette Zone | Central Zone | Southeast Zone | Northeast Zone | Snake Zone | Columbia Zone | Marine Zone |
Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations provide requirements for all zones. However, additional regulations may be adopted in this rule division from time to time and to the extent of any inconsistency, they supersede the printed Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.
Central Zone Updates
Please note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.
New salmon, steelhead, sturgeon endorsement
Beginning Jan. 1, 2014 anglers fishing for salmon, steelhead or sturgeon in the Columbia River and its tributaries will be required to have a Columbia River Basin endorsement. See a map of the Basin and get more information.
- The 2014 fall Chinook season closed on Oct. 31.
The regulations for Wickiup as they appear in the 2015 Sport Fishing Regulations booklet were formatted incorrectly and this is leading to some confusion. Here, in a clearer format, are the 2015 regulations for the reservoir:
- Open April 25-Oct. 31.
- 25 kokanee (no size limit) in addition to other trout species limit.
- Closed from 1 hour after sunset until 1 hour before sunrise.
- Deschutes River Arm, upstream of ODFW marker located new West South Twin boat ramp:
- Restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
- 2 trout per day from Aug. 1-Aug. 31, kokanee included in trout limit.
- Closed Sept. 1-Oct. 31.
For more information contact your local ODFW office:
- Bend (541) 388-6363
- The Dalles (541) 296-4628
- Prineville (541) 447-5111