- See what Hunter Education Courses or Field Days are available by looking online. View all Classes / Workshops before making a purchase. Green tabs will give you an option to view classes or field day options, once you locate a course or field day, scroll to the bottom of the page and Go Back to Registration.
- Enter the student’s existing Hunter/Angler ID# (ODFW ID#), printed on all fishing or hunting licenses and tags.
- If the student has never had an ODFW license or tag, click on the drop down and choose “New Customer".
- Enter the student’s last name and birth date.
- Enter in student’s new customer information or Modify the existing account if necessary. Social security number is optional.
- Continue to choose the class or field day you would like and continue through to checkout.
- Pay the $10 fee with a credit or debit card.
- Information for the class instructor and date, time, location of class is printed on the receipt.
Hunter education field day classes are taught by volunteer instructors. Class availability close to the hunting seasons may be limited.
Consider the Mentor Youth Hunter Program if you can’t finish a hunter safety class before hunting season.
The below options are designed for self-motivated students with good reading and comprehension skills who have some firearms and hunting knowledge or experience. Average study time for each independent study option is approximately 10 hours.
Independent Study Course options require the successful completion of an additional 6-7 hour field day. Information on required field day is detailed below.
- Students must study the Today’s Hunter in Oregon student manual and complete the provided 32-page workbook. Workbook will be graded by an approved instructor. The completed workbook is required for admittance to the field day.
- Student manuals, workbooks and materials may be obtained from the ODFW Hunter Education Program.
- Email email@example.com to order workbook packet.
- Students must have an adequate computer, printer (to print completion certificate) and Internet access.
- To receive credit for completing the online course, a prerequisite to attend the required field day, students must complete the online course and pass the online Field Day Qualifier Exam. Upon successful completion of this exam, students must be able to print a certificate of course completion. This certificate is required for admittance to the field day.
- There is an examination fee for the Field Day Qualifier Exam. The cost is ($24.50 Hunter-Ed.com) or ($24.95 HunterCourse.com) for this online Hunter Education Course which is paid directly, online, to the Internet Option provider.
STOP! If you have not registered for a field day, please scroll down on this page to view the available Internet Field Day listings. Completing the Online Course does not guarantee you registration in a field day!
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife chose Today's Hunter in Oregon for its classroom hunting safety course.
- Students can choose to listen to lessons in Spanish as well as English.
- Students can take this course on any device, including smartphones and tablets.
- Pick your online learning style: listen, read or both!
- Exam Questions are read aloud, with pictures to trigger your memory - a Hunter-Ed.com exclusive.
- Hundreds of realistic illustrations - you'll feel like you're outdoors.
- Learn exactly how firearms work with detailed animations.
- No payment until you're ready to print your online Field Day Qualifier Exam results Internet Course Voucher.
- Cost: $24.50 - paid to Hunter-Ed.com
Go to: Hunter - Ed.com
- Covers 100% of the material you need to know for the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife Field Day.
- Sit back, listen, play and learn with the fully interactive and professionally narrated course.
- Includes hundreds of images and interactive animations - more than ANY other online course!
- Every single exam question is accompanied by helpful visual aids.
- Includes Bow, Shotgun, and Rifle shooting ranges!
- Pay only when you pass the course and want to print your Oregon Field Day Voucher.
- Cost: $24.95 - paid to HunterCourse.com
Go to: HunterCourse.com
Remember to register in advance for the required field day.
- Field Day participants are charged a $10 application fee. There are NO refunds for this application fee. During the field day all students must demonstrate they possess the knowledge and skills necessary to gain certification. This includes passing the final written exam.
- Students must register in advance to attend the required field day. Field Day availability may be limited so please be sure a field day is being offered in your area by looking at the schedule below. Check back often as field days are added throughout the year as they are scheduled.
- Students must have in their possession a Field Day Qualifier Certificate or a completed workbook to gain admittance to a field day.
|Hunter Education field day instruction includes a review of course topics, Oregon hunting regulations, ethics, conservation, firearm safety field exercises, a live-fire exercise and a sixty question written final exam.
Register online for a Field Day NEW!
These programs are funded by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act (Pittman-Robertson) and the Federal Aid in Sport Fish Restoration Act (Wallop-Breaux).
The Oregon Outdoor Skills Program is subject to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and offers all persons the opportunity to participate in programs and activities regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. No individual will be turned away from or otherwise be denied access to or benefit from, any program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Complaints of discrimination should be sent to the Civil Rights Coordinator for Public Access, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 4401 N. Fairfax Drive, Mail Stop: WSFR-4020, Arlington, VA 22203.